If you are new to RV'ing, there is a bunch of RV terms that will make you feel young again...back in those years when you knew close to nothing.
What is your Dry Weight?....and your Curb Weight? How about your Tongue Weight. (Answers at the end of the post)
In this installment, I call to your attention: City Water vs. Fresh Water.
These terms were confusing to me initially. What?...City Water is not fresh? What happens if I am not near a city?
After a while it became clear that:
City Water = Camp Water Hookup
Fresh Water = Reserve Water Tank
We have been using our "Fresh Water" a lot. We use it when we are in National Parks and State Parks (no hookups) and when the temperature drops below 30F at night.
You will need a "Thingy" to fill your Fresh Water tank and achieve that composed and collected look of a RV veteran. Otherwise you will have to aim and miss for a while...and make a mess in the process, running back and fro like a headless chicken while the entire RV camp exhales: "look at the newbie".
But lets take it to the next level...I already filter our City Water

So I figured, lets also filter the Fresh Water intake...

Here is how the whole set up hangs handsomely, I may add, in the Fresh Water intake...while I sip my coffee and boast of RV'ing tale tales with other campers.

When the tank is full, just flip the valve...no need to run back to the water hookup and scramble to close the flow.

Bam! There you have it....a filter, an elbow, and the Thingy (TM) will help you fill your Fresh Water tank like a "Pro"...if there is such a thing as a RV pro.....I think that the term might be "Rubber Tramp"
Answers:
Dry Weight:
Your weight before sweating like a pig backing up your rig into a tight camping spot.
Curb Weight:
Your weight at the curb before going into a long RV trip and starve yourself to death with camping food.....or gain massive weight by constantly snacking junk.
Tongue Weight:
The weight that your tongue gains every time you bore your companions with long winded RV anecdotes....while you fill your fresh water tank.


1 comments:
That was hilarious! :-) Keep'em coming!
Post a Comment