Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Stranded...

Vignette No 3:

Stranded

Her hair is long and mostly gray. She is missing most of her frontal teeth and she smiles a lot.

She is quick to strike conversation. The type of conversation that extracts lots of information out of you, but her interest is genuine. You can sense her anticipation to your answers, almost like wanting to hurry to the part of the story where there is a happy ending.

She reciprocates with her story. It is a story of a long hopeful journey, derailed by misfortune and overly optimistic plans. Yet, she is working hard at getting back to her destination and not going back to where she started. She states this in high spirits in spite of being stranded now for almost a year.

We say our good byes and she asks for me to send post cards of my journey, which I just recently did.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the vignettes.

Still following your story, silently. Thanks for all the words.

Cheryl and Roger from Oregon

adolfo_isassi said...

Thanks C&R! I'm glad that you like the vignettes.