
Well, so far are having a blast in Alaska. What a beautiful land. Tundra, mountains, lakes, glaciers and plenty of wildlife.
So far in Alaska...
- There are plenty of free-loader spots to park your RV...this is free-loader-heaven.
- The weather is totally unpredictable, meaning it is always bad, but can turn into a nice day in a minute, then turn bad again an hour later.
- There are no angry AM stations to entertain me on long drives.
- You can buy Sara Palin calendars and comic books (where she is a super hero).
- Salmon bake is delicious.
- State parks are super nice.
- This is the place to buy real rain wear not the crap that is sold in the Lower 48.
- You start to say "Lower 48" to refer to the "other" (with a hint of lesser) states.
- When the sun is out...is surreal, the light is so low that is feels like a never ending afternoon.
- I have learned to love the raindrops taping on the roof of the trailer.
- I have learned to love to go to bed with the light coming through the window.
- People love to ride ATVs without helmets and carry their infants with them along the ride.
- Bald eagles are like rats looking for scraps and garbage to eat.
- Diesel and gas are super expensive...I have seen as high as $4.05 for a gallon of diesel.
- The weather report mentions how many minutes of daylight you loose every day past solstice...here, daylight is precious.


2 comments:
Do the mosquitoes compete with bald eagles for space? I hear that they are about the same size.
I think that the mosquitoes gun for the eagles for extra blood!
Post a Comment