Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Relaxed lobster in funny trunks...


2010-03-23
Today we got hot baths at one of the Hot Springs bath houses. I did not know what to expect, as different bath houses offer different packages. I was expecting a hot-tub/jacuzzi type deal. Well, that is not quite what I got. It was more like a spa treatment, and it was structured as the “old fashion” bath house experience that made Hot Springs AK famous. First, a dunk in a tub filled with hot water from the springs. Then a sauna steam room, then get wrapped in hot sheets, and finally a cold shower. Since I was expecting a big spring pool and a “mixed environment” (women and men) I wore swimming trunks. Since this was -not- the case, the men only section of the bath house found my trunks amusing. Needles to say that all this hot bath stuff was not my idea, I was just tagging along with my wife...
All in all, an interesting experience. Afterward, while dressing up, in the mirror, I looked like a boiled lobster. A relaxed boiled lobster.

Pondering on the life of lobsters...

After the baths, we took a stroll through downtown, in a sunny spring day.


Spring in Hot Springs



Vicky refills on "good for you" spring water.

0 comments: