For a while, I have been ruminating on memory. On our ability to recall places, moments, thoughts, feelings, sensations...life.
Part of my interest on this subject is due to photography, and how it helps us to remember all the things that we may forget, or at least, it gives that illusion.
Recently, in this cross country trip, I came to a stage, where I am basically re-tracing my tracks from a trip that took place in 2006. I was surprised to find out how in just 4 years, just how inaccurate my memories are from routes and places.
Even with the help of the photographs that I took in 2006, was not enough to locate some of the spots that I wanted to revisit. In some cases I was diligent enough to record the GPS coordinates and properly caption the photos. Only in this manner, the whole thing was helpful.
But, is this a way to live life? Walking around recording data that will help us remember?
Photos, diaries, travel-logs/blogs...all are attempts to preserve memories that inevitably fade with time.
It is true, "time heals everything", because we will forget about just how much something hurt.
Sunday, January 20, 2013
Memory and Happyness...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment