Saturday, October 2, 2010

Levity has been accomplished...

A big part of this trip was the hope that through the “magic” of a journey, I will let go of the seriousness and gravity that have plumbed my life and have left less room for joy and wonderment.

Alas, “hope” and “magic” are rarely your best bets for achieving anything. So, as the weeks, months, and miles rolled by, not only no change took place, but at times, it seemed that my stern approach to deal with the logistics of traveling worsen the heaviness...

Thus, leaving only humor to lessen the load. And beauty, yes, I need to give lots of credit to the stunning beauty of the places that we have visited.

At some point, I thought that it was a nice “hope”, but maybe it was too late to change.
And then, some days ago a couple of things went wrong with the trailer. But this time, somehow, I was not upset nor did I changed the whole leg schedule to fix them. Calmly I evaluated the malfunctions and how they affected (or not) the trip and continued to enjoy the visit to the place, Yosemite in this case.

Maybe the biggest changes need to be preceded by surrender...the only way to start clean?
Just the night before this happened I was reading the following passage in a book:

All the natural movements of the soul are controlled by laws analogous to those of physical gravity. Grace is the only exception. Grace fills empty spaces, but it can only enter where there is a void to receive it, and it is grace itself which makes that void. The imagination is constantly at work filling up all the fissures through which grace can pass.

-Simone Weil

So somehow now, life is lighter and the worries....well, less worrisome.
Maybe my imagination decided to give something else a chance.

Still, the trip and journey are on...
We completed the part of the journey where we planned to visit all the places that we have not visited before in the USA and Canada.
Now, we are re-visiting some of our favorite places, this time at a slower pace, living the places.

So far we have re-visited Olympic National Park, the Washington and Oregon coasts, San Francisco and Yosemite National Park.

Not sure if I will keep up this blog...now it seems too much on top of the other two about photography...who knows maybe some RV tips from time to time, some of the vignettes that I have not finished...

And if not, I will leave you with this line:

“Life goes on, long after the thrill of living is gone...”
-JCMC

1 comments:

Amit Shetty said...

Hope you don't stop posting! Even if Levity has been accomplished, it is good to keep the levitation going! :-)