Sunday, October 31, 2010

Vernal Falls No 59


Vernal Falls No 59
Originally uploaded by adolfo_isassi
Exhausted, after a 12 hour hike to the top of Half Dome, I came across the perfect setting for Vernal Falls. Just past sunset, a bit of bounced evening light with enough warm tones to lit the red hues. It was one of those light conditions where Aperture priority and Matrix metering comes just right due to the even EV values across the scene. Even the thin streak of water was not overexposed.

It took just a glance to know that I will have to unpack the camera and tripod and set up for 15 to 20 minutes of POV hunting and shooting.

Due to this last treat, I had to walk the last hour of the hike in the dark. Luckily, as always, I was prepared with my trusty Petzl head lamp.

0 comments: