I think that sans a traffic bad accident or a equipment catastrophe, a sewer mishap is probaby at the top of RV'ing nightmares.
So far, we have been able to keep our hands clean, so to speak...that is until that afternoon at the Idaho Falls RV camp. Oh! the humanity.
So...what happened?
We got out the sewer hoses and fittings as usual and started the dump routine. As we opened the RV black water valve, we noticed that the hose backed up almost immediately....then, right at the camp sewer outlet, the unspeakable matter started to slowly burst out of the outlet coupling.
Close the valve!
Even with the valve closed, now the hose was "full of it" and going nowhere. I prompted my wife to go and look for the camp manager, while I held the fork...nasty fork.
The manager arrived with a big bucket in hand, and a Roto Rooter in the other hand. It seems that this particular site was known for this issue...a clogged sewer line.
I will spare you the unsavory details of the how this predicament got solved, and although, in the end it was not -that- bad, after it, we went and took long hot showers.
For this nasty maneuvering, I can not stress enough the value of those sewer hose caps. These allowed us to unhook and cap the hose to isolate the crap, literately.
No photos this time :)
Friday, June 4, 2010
Nightmare on sewer street...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment