
Packing and cleaning the last bits around the house, I came across an old lady friend. She used to be a resident of Seadrift TX, in the Matagorda Peninsula. We bought her and was part of our art collection in our yard. This is the sort of item that deserves a special place and belongs among art and people who appreciate it.
So, with this in mind, I loaded Lady Seadrift in the back of the truck and drove to a place that I reproachfully omitted form my Austin Favorite Places list: The Cathedral of Junk.
I have visited this place many times, mostly to photograph the place, but also for some events, and other times, just to chill, relax and meditate.
Meditate and ponder on creativity and the commitment required to transform anything into Art. Form the many times that I visited the Cathedral of Junk, this is what I learned form Vince Hannemann, the creator of the Cathedral.
Vince graciously accepted to house Lady Seadrift in the Cathedral. I can not think of a more appropriate place for her.
So, if you call yourself an Austinite, stop by the Cathedral and pay your respects to the true spirit of "Keep Austin Weird".
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Good bye Tour Addendum...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
A great addition to the Cathedral of Junk! I'm sure Vince and all future visitors will appreciate it.
Post a Comment