Sunday, December 13, 2009

What separates humans from monkeys...

This is what I was thinking while I was struggling to unload a 150lb generator-inverter off the 33" tall bed of my truck. The crude use of a 2"x4", briefly upgraded me to "Missing Link" in the evolutionary scale. Tools...yes, that is it, humans use tools from Home Depot. But at the rate Home Depot is opening stores every 5 miles, soon even Monkeys will have access to these tools, and tall lattes.

Well, after priming the generator battery, filling its engine with SAE 10-30W oil and unleaded gas, the time came to put it back in the truck.



Here the relevant question became:
What separates humans with back injuries from humans with healthy skeletal-muscular systems?

The answer in my case:
- A 2000 lbs rated Come Along pull crank
- 4ft of 3000 lbs rated chain
- 2 1500 lbs rated 3/8" safety fasteners.
- And...a temporary plywood ramp soon to be replaced with a Lund aluminum loading ramp.


As you can see, I have discovered the pleasure of dispensing weight ratings way over their intended use. With these toys I was able to lift the generator into the truck while drinking a cup of dark roasted coffee, black one sugar, thank you.



Now the only missing part is the 3 prong trailer-to-generator adapter.

0 comments: